Configuration Modeling Language
CML is a simple, lightweight, and flexible way to tap into the full power of the Schematix model. It's designed to be fully-featured, but simple to learn, and easy to read.
It's found throughout the Schematix system, and learning to use it can turn you into a true Schematix expert.
Getting under the hood with Schematix is easy. CML lets you get the full power of the graph database immediately.
- Easy to learn syntax makes things simple for beginners
- Rapidly explore and select structures in the model using topological expressions.
- Create, relate, and edit data in a fast and fluid way, getting instant feedback to help you learn.
- Create scripted actions to perform common tasks, and assign them to menu items for quick access.
- Control the entire system from the API by using the command web service to run CML commands.
Graph databases have unique advantages for representing relationships between a large number of entities. When paired with a graph expression language such as a CML topological expression, the result is a flexible, dynamic data system.
- Dynamic structural scoping allows the creation of permission "scopes" within a portion of the graph, e.g. "Bob may update, but not delete, any server marked 'development' which is located in the London datacenter."
- Minimally-sufficient resolution for objects allows you to build unique references using relative information such as where it is hosted, and what type of object it is.
- Topological expressions are ideal for exploring and specifying regions of the model.
- Synchronization can be performed according to a heuristic mapping, allowing the model to remain stable even under significant superficial changes.